This case management training helps lawyers and paralegals learn to manage legal cases effectively, reduce the “shelf-life” of claims, and achieve positive outcomes.
Learning to manage a heavy caseload effectively has a direct impact on achieving positive outcomes. Lawyers and paralegals who are proactive and prioritise effectively, get better results, more client satisfaction and better client retention.
Depending on the work type, it is not uncommon for a lawyer to manage over a hundred active cases at any one time.
While each case will be at a difference stage of legal proceedings, finding ways to be organised and efficient when managing them is critical.
Our training includes tips for effective case management and also shows how to organise common legal processes to reduce shelf life of cases. The session covers:
- Prioritising the client’s objectives
- Preparing the Defence – with or without counsel
- Directions – how to set a realistic agenda that suits your client
- Disclosure – handling your client and your opponent
- Witness evidence – analysing the strengths and weaknesses
- Managing changes as the evidence emerges
- Assessing the merits as the case progresses and advising the client
- Settlement – making offers that create pressure to settle
- Settlement – responding to offers
On our course you will develop an assertive and disciplined approach to case management, including:
- considering merits, costs, settlement and next steps at every opportunity
- thinking and acting more commercially and strategically, always looking for the most effective routes for achieving each client’s objectives
- using the CPR to manage cases in accordance with each client’s objectives
- identifying opportunities to make applications and effective methods for resisting an opponent’s approach
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
Personal Injury Courses
See all our personal injury claims courses
Litigation Skills Courses
See all our litigation skills courses