Our COFA Update session covers all the essentials – refreshing you on the basics, reminding you about the key duties, and offers lots of tips on how to fulfil the role effectively.
Our COFA Update session brings you all the latest developments relevant to this key compliance role.
Compliance officers have always had a tough job. A senior role in any law firm, the COFA has always been seen as part CEO / part “Police Commissioner”. But practice has not always followed the hype. This course covers all the key duties and risks for COFAs and their teams.
This session looks at the following topics:
- Who can be a COFA?
- What is the role of the COFA?
- Finance generally
- Financial viability of the business
- Accounts Rules – monitoring and supervision; reporting
- Wider issues – business and practice management
- SRA Checklists that ought to be maintained
- Statutory obligations
- Review the Accounts Rules as relevant to the role of the COFA
- Inter-relationship with the Reporting Accountant
As a result of the course you will:
• understand the role of the COFA
• know how to discharge the COFA’s duties effectively
Tutor-led session with practical scenarios
1-3 hrs to suit your requirements
Compliance & Professional Ethics
See all our com[pliance & professional ethics courses