Our Compensation Recovery Unit e-learning provides a basic overview of how the Compensation Recovery Unit works and how a claimant's state benefits will be recovered.
Claimants in personal injury claims may receive state benefits as a result of their injuries.
This e-learning looks at how the Compensation Recovery Unit (CRU) operates to recover these benefits from Defendants when a successful claim is made. The e-learning is an ideal and convenient introduction for anyone who has recently started work in the personal injury sector.
Our CRU e-learning covers:
- Notifying the CRU
- CRU repayable benefits
- What a CRU Certificate is
- Complex issues (interim payments, multiple compensators, structured settlements)
- Personal Injury Trusts
- Downloadable PDF quick reference guide to the CRU
After you have completed the course, you will know:
- what the CRU does
- which benefits must be repaid to the CRU in the event of a successful claim
- which sums should be deducted from the Claimant’s compensation
- how to notify the CRU of a new claim
- what a CRU certificate covers
- how to notify the CRU at the end of a claim
Trainee solicitors, paralegals, litigation assistants and claims handlers.
Quantum Training Suite
This bundle of 8 courses provides an introduction to valuing quantum in personal injury claims.
You can purchase a licence for a single course or for our full Quantum Training Suite.
If you have any questions on our Quantum Training Suite, please contact us on
Phone: 0114 273 8300
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses