This Interim Applications Advocacy course builds the skills of junior lawyers and ensures that they can prepare and perform effectively as advocates and with improved chances of success.
Training Onsite or Live Online
Our practical workshops can be delivered face-to-face at your offices or live online.
All of our training is engaging and highly interactive. We have adapted our workshops to ensure delegates attending online courses have a great learning experience.
ContentThis course covers the practical aspects of issuing and preparing for an interim application, including the associated time limits and costs.
Advocacy Workshop – 3 hours
- Analysing the case papers
- Checking the CPR requirements for interim applications
- Preparing helpful speaking notes
- Telling the story with headlines
- Explaining the law
- Handling weak points in an interim application
- Persuasion and asking for what you want
Telephone Hearing – 1 hour & preparation time Delegates conduct two telephone hearings with another delegate as their opposition. The hearing is based on a case study sent to delegates in advance. The judge is a tutor who provides individual feedback following the hearings.
OutcomesOur workshop will show you the various tactics for making successful interim applications as well as instilling confidence in the advocacy process. As a result of attending the course, you will:
- make more interim applications
- prepare for them quickly
- represent clients at hearings confidently and successfully
- Practical advocacy workshop
- Follow up telephone hearing
See all our advocacy courses