Our International arbitration advocacy courses develop essential skills for arbitration lawyers - persuasive writing, technical drafting, persuasive argument, case-management and, of course, advocacy.
This programme brings international arbitration advocacy training direct into the workplace. A commercial arbitration case study plays out in real time and delegates have to deal with it as if it were a real case. Working in small teams, learners navigate their way from first instructions right through to the final hearing of an international arbitration. Along the way, the “Claimant” and “Respondent” teams advise their clients and decide on their strategy and tactics. They prepare key documents, apply to the arbitrator for directions, and appear at the final “hearing”. They know that every decision, every action and every omission has a consequence, just like real life.
At each stage their work is supported by short training and feedback sessions which capture and embed the key learning points. This programme is exciting, competitive and very effective. Delegates will develop a range of key skills as the case progresses – persuasive writing, technical drafting, persuasive argument, case-management and, of course, advocacy.
The programme covers:
- Draft Letter Before Action
- Draft a Reply to Letter Before Action
- Taking instructions
- Making decisions on strategy and tactics
- Telephone direction hearings
- Draft Memorial
- Draft Reply tou Memorial
- Drafting a pre-hearing brief
- Final Arbitration hearing: openings, questions and tribunal decision
As a result of this programme you will develop:
- More persuasive writing skills
- Better technical drafting skills
- More effective case analysis skills
- Effectiveness in preparing and presenting arguments
- Consistent and professional approach to opponents and arbitrators
- More confident advocacy (telephone applications and face-to-face)
- Skills to better manage time and deadlines
- Improved arbitration case management skills
Individual work, teamwork, practical case-work, workshops and feedback.
International arbitration lawyers and other legal professionals specialising in International Arbitration.
See all our advocacy courses