Managing difficult clients helps you get the best from the moments when things are not running smoothly - by working in tune with client preferences and by handling tricky conversations confidently.
Managing difficult clients gives you strategies and techniques for managing the client’s stress and your own.
Who is it for?
Suitable for trainee solicitors, NQs, associates, senior associates.
- PSC Elective accredited
Live training overview
This course will help you to develop strategies and techniques for dealing with client behaviours that are demanding or difficult. You will learn skills to help you deal confidently with challenging clients and to manage the associated stress.
The course covers:
- Identifying common (i.e. shared) problems
- Distinguishing possible and productive responses
- Defining the problem in order to resolve it
- Strategies for success
- Understanding the client and the matter
- Knowing the client’s preferences
- Managing the client’s expectations
- Active listening
- Distinguishing robust communication from aggressive
- Ending the conversation
- Understanding your stress profile and helping yourself
As a result of the course you will
- better understand the client and their preferences when communicating
- learn strategies & skills for managing difficult conversations with clients
- have strategies to help prevent challenging behaviour arising
- better understand your own response to stress
- have strategies for managing your own stress
Live online with breakout rooms and polls
Duration & Dates
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
Litigation Skills Courses
See all our litigation skills courses
Personal Injury Claims Courses
See all our personal injury claims courses
Managing Difficult Conversations
See all our courses