Negotiation Skills for Corporate Lawyers will help you develop appropriate negotiation strategies and practise your negotiation skills in the context of the acquisition of a company.
This immersive e-learning course takes you through a corporate negotiation for the purchase of a company. You play the role of the purchaser’s solicitor preparing for and then conducting the negotiation with the vendor’s solicitor.
You receive feedback based on the choices you make as you work through the negotiation. The course will test your attention to detail and your strategic approach. It will give you the best practical tools to help you prepare for a corporate negotiation. It will also teach you some negotiation theory and terminology which will help you to manage and adapt your approach as circumstances require.
In this course you will negotiate the purchase of a company on behalf of a client. You’ll need to make sure you’re fully prepared, and then negotiate specific terms of the acquisition. This will test your negotiating style, make sure you know your best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA) and see whether you can hold your nerve with a difficult opponent. Along the way you can get help from a colleague if you need it and at the end a supervisor will give you feedback on your performance. The course includes:
- An interactive negotiation scenario
- Engaging negotiation practice
- Feedback on your performance
- Download materials- Negotiation planner and tips
As a result of completing this course, you will know how to:
- advise on the pros and cons of adopting different negotiating styles and tactics
- prepare for a negotiation
- obtain clear negotiation instructions
- negotiate in accordance with your client’s objectives
- prioritise in a negotiation
- identify strengths and weaknesses of your bargaining position
- use a BATNA
- open a negotiation effectively
- break off a negotiation
Negotiation Skills Courses
See all our negotiation skills courses