Perfect for junior lawyers handling litigated motor claims on the Fast Track. Learn how to use the CPR pro-actively to help shorten shelf-life and improve profitability.
This pro-active litigation in motor claims live online course uses realistic documents based on a road traffic accident claim.
The course emphasises the importance of analysing the pleadings, spotting weaknesses in your opponent’s case, testing the strengths of the evidence on both sides, and looks at tactical choices as the case progresses. It also looks at professional ethics, including duties to the court.
The course can be tailored for Defendant or Claimant firms.
- The cause of action – what will the Claimant need to prove?
- The CPR
- Your client’s obligations – explaining disclosure
- The list of documents
- Is anything missing – claimant and defendant?
- Tactical considerations
- Exchange of Witness Statements
- Who should give evidence?
- Cross-referencing with the pleadings
- Does the evidence support the claim/defence?
- Does the evidence support all elements of the claim?
As a result of attending the course, you will:
- Understand your obligations on disclosure
- Know how to complete a list of documents
- Know which documents are privileged
- Consider the cause of action when handling disclosure and
Understand the importance of cross-referencing disclosure and witness evidence with pleadings
Paralegals, legal apprentices, trainee solicitors, junior lawyers, claims handlers
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
See all our litigation courses
Legal Apprentices Courses
See all our legal apprentices courses