Reviewing an Expert Report explains how to understand the terminology and analyse a medico-legal report and identify the evidence relevant to claims for general and special damages.
This e-learning course provides tips and guidance for reviewing an expert medical report in a personal injury claim.
This course covers:
- The structure of an expert report and compliance with the Civil Procedure Rules
- Analysing the report and medical terminology
- Attributes of the claimant
- Pain & suffering
- Condition and prognosis
- Loss of amenity
- Special damages
- Top tips for reviewing any expert report
After completing this course, you will
- Know how to analyse a medical report
- Be able to identify evidence supporting general damages
- Be able to identify evidence supporting special damages
- Understand the difference between condition and prognosis
- Understand the impact of any relevant pre-existing injuries
- Know the importance of understanding the medical terminology
- Know the relevant parts of the CPR relating to medical reports
Trainee solicitors, junior lawyers, paralegals, litigation assistants, claims handlers, medico-legal agency case handlers.
If you have any questions on our reviewing PI expert reports training course, please contact Kath Kinch on
Quantum Training Suite
This bundle of 8 courses provides an introduction to valuing quantum in personal injury claims.
You can purchase a licence for a single course or for our full Quantum Training Suite.
If you have any questions on our Quantum Training Suite, please contact Kath Kinch on
Phone: 0114 273 8300
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
PI Claims Courses
See all our PI claims courses