“How do I say ‘no’ without damaging my career?” Strong time management skills are worth their weight in gold when it comes to surviving your training contract.
“How do I say ‘no’ without damaging my career?”
This course addresses the difficulties that trainee lawyers face in handling competing priorities.
1. What stops you?
Identifying ‘barriers’ to time management
2. Controlling interruptions
How to get in tune with your department’s priorities
Doing the right things – being efficient as well as busy
Tackling difficult tasks
Daily / weekly planning
Co-operation on regular tasks
6. People’s expectations
Managing and meeting expectations Saying ‘No’?
7. Delegation skills
Effective techniques for delegating (and being delegated to…)
Playing your role in effective supervision
8. Case and Transaction Management
Simple keys to effective project management
Ground rules for behaviour at meetings
As a result of attending the course, you will:
- win back more control over your diary and workflow
- improve your planning skills
- manage other people’s expectations
- handle conflicting priorities efficiently
- use your energy effectively, not waste it
Tutor led workshop using case studies, exercises and videos
Strong time management skills are worth their weight in gold when it comes to surviving your training contract.
This course looks at techniques for improving your time management. The first module looks at how you can make the most of your day by planning and prioritising your work effectively.
The second module looks at the delegation process
- Time stealers
As a result of completing this course, you will be able to:
- take control of their day
- prioritise tasks from different fee earners
- understand how to identify what is urgent/important and organise their work accordingly
- manage expectations
- use resources to free up their time
- understand the role that delegation plays in their day
Time Management Courses
See all our time management courses