“How do I say ‘no’ without damaging my career?” “How do I find the time to look after my team properly?” “When can I do that business development meeting?”
Time Management Trailer
“How do I say ‘no’ without damaging my career?”
“How do I find the time to look after my team properly?”
“When can I do that business development meeting?”
This course addresses the difficulties that lawyers face in handling competing priorities.
- Planning and prioritising
- Routines and best time
- Saying ‘No’
- Non-legal obstacles
- Using the firm’s resources – alternative routes for getting things done
- Letting go and delegating effectively
- Behaviour at meetings
As a result of attending the course, you will:
- win back more control over your diary and workflow
- improve your planning skills
- manage other people’s expectations
- handle conflicting priorities efficiently
- collaborate ‘for real’
- use your energy effectively, not waste it
Workshop based on three video scenarios
- Do me a favour Anna – the consequences of not saying ‘no’
- No time Tom – coping with busy days
- Email overload
For many people, delegation doesn’t come naturally. However it’s an essential business skill, particularly in a law firm where time and money are both precious commodities. Good delegation is a bit of an art form, and this course is perfect for those who find delegation a struggle or where a department isn’t operating as efficiently as it needs to be.
Using practical exercises, this e-learning course looks at why lawyers find it difficult to delegate, why it’s important that you do delegate and what good delegation looks like.
Most of us never think about delegation, especially if we are lucky enough to work in a law firm where most of the right people are doing the right work at the right level.
But if things aren’t running smoothly, and people aren’t delivering in the way you expect, then our delegation training for lawyers might be the fix that you need.
It will help you work out what is going wrong and why. You’ll pick up some clever moves for managing the whole delegation process resulting in you and your team being more productive.
Our course covers:
- Delegation decisions
- Delegating tasks, work and activities
- What prevents people from delegating?
- What does good delegation look like?
- Helpful PDF of key tips to download
Once you have completed this e-learning course on delegation you will:
- understand the barriers to delegation;
- appreciate why delegation is important for managing your own time along with maximising the efficiency in your department; and
- know what steps to take to delegate well.
Perfect for lawyers at all levels who work in a team and directly manage or need to delegate to other members of staff.
Time Management Courses
See all our time management courses