Learn about valuing general damages methodically, using the available evidence, the Judicial College Guidelines and case law to support your valuation.
Valuing General Damages also covers mitigation of loss, interest, the eggshell skull rule and valuing when there are multiple injuries.
This e-learning course provides an introduction to valuing general damages in a personal injury claim. It looks at the evidence needed and the tools you should use. The course includes practical exercises to test your understanding.
- The medical report
- Witness evidence
- Using a template
- Using the Judicial College Guidelines
- Case law
- Valuation exercises
- Mitigation of loss
- Eggshell skull rule
- Valuing damages when there are multiple injuries
- Interest on general damages
OutcomesAfter you have completed this course, you will:
- approach the valuation of general damages in a methodical way
- understand how to use the Judicial College Guidelines
- understand how to research case law to support your valuation
- know how to approach valuation when there are multiple injuries
DelegatesTrainee solicitors, paralegals, litigation assistants, claims handlers
Quantum Training Suite
This bundle of 8 courses provides an introduction to valuing quantum in personal injury claims.
You can purchase a licence for a single course or for our full Quantum Training Suite.
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
Personal Injury Courses
See all our personal injury courses