This quantum training is an introduction to valuing claims for loss of earnings capacity. Instantly available, it’s ideal for junior lawyers and claims handlers.
This e-learning course provides an introduction to valuing claims for loss of earning capacity due to ongoing disability flowing from a personal injury.
A reduction in earning capacity is a quantifiable decrease in an injured person’s ability to earn income. This detriment to a claimant’s earning potential is different and separate to any loss of earnings which has already been incurred following an accident. Therefore calculating a loss of earning capacity can be an important and significant head of claim.
- What is ‘loss of earning capacity’?
- Calculate a lump sum compensation using The Ogden Tables
- Residual disabilities resulting from an injury and Smith v Manchester awards
- When a Blamire award may be appropriate
- Mini exam to test your understanding
The training covers:
- What is meant by ‘loss of earning capacity’
- How the courts approach valuing claims for loss of earning capacity
- The Ogden Tables
- Smith v Manchester awards
- Blamire awards for future loss of earning
Instantly available e-learning with a mini exam to test your understanding.
Trainee solicitors, paralegals, litigation assistants and claims handlers.
Quantum Training Suite
This bundle of 8 courses provides an introduction to valuing quantum in personal injury claims.
You can purchase a licence for a single course or for our full Quantum Training Suite.
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
Personal Injury Courses
See all our personal injury courses