Our Valuing Loss of Earnings e-learning course covers the law, evidence and procedure in claims for employed and self-employed clients for recovering loss of income and future loss of earnings.
This e-learning course looks to how to value a claim for loss of earnings in a personal injury case.
It covers the evidence needed when the Claimant is employed and when they are self-employed.
It also looks at how to evaluate the evidence to make sure that it supports the sums claimed. The course is an ideal introduction for junior lawyers and claims handlers.
Our “Valuing loss of earnings” e-learning course examines the law, procedure and best practice in pleading a claim for loss of income. It will provide the knowledge and skills for accurately calculating and advising your client on recoverable earnings losses.
- Employed case study – proving loss of earnings when employed
- Self-Employed case study – proving loss of earnings when self-employed
- Reviewing the evidence (wage slips, tax returns, benefits, deductions)
- Future loss of earnings (multipliers, discount rate)
- Loss of Earnings Quiz
- PDF Download available – a quick and helpful guide to loss of earnings claims
After you have completed this “Valuing loss of earnings” e-learning course, you will know:
- The legal basis of a claim for loss of earnings
- How to calculate a loss of earnings claim
- What evidence is required to support a claim when the Claimant is employed (full time, part time, temporary etc).
- The evidence needed for a loss of earnings claim when self-employed (sole traders, gig economy etc).
Trainee solicitors, paralegals, litigation assistants, claims handlers
Quantum Training Suite
This bundle of 8 courses provides an introduction to valuing quantum in personal injury claims.
You can purchase a licence for a single course or for our full Quantum Training Suite.
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses
Personal Injury Courses
See all our personal injury courses