Valuing Special Damages will help you with interviewing, investigating methodically and seeking out the evidence to support claims, as well as calculating and drafting claims for special damages.
Valuing Special Damages will help you with advising clients, managing their expectations, and progressing claims efficiently.
A practical case-study based session covering all the key aspects of identifying a claim for special damages, as well as drafting the claim and locating the evidence to support it.
The course covers:
- The differences between special damages and general damages
- Identifying items of special damage
- Interviewing about specials
- Identifying what is recoverable (remoteness)
- Managing the client’s expectations
- Understanding the evidence required
- Drafting the schedule of loss
As a result of the course, you will be better at:
- Interviewing clients about their claims for special damages
- Taking a methodical approach to investigating special damages
- Seeking out the evidence that is available to support claims
- Calculating and drafting claims for special damages
- Advising clients and managing their expectations appropriately
- Progressing claims efficiently
Junior lawyers and claims handlers
Personal Injury Courses
See all our personal injury courses
Motor Claims Courses
See all our motor claims courses